Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mid-term

Yippee, it's midterm.
Yesterday I had a long evening of parent teacher meetings. One parent I met, I taught her 30 odd years ago, it feels like it is time to give up the day job!! She is also teacher, and now, in her turn, teaching the children of her past students. How old does that make me?
But four days of planned indolence stretch out before me, I plan to do absolutely nothing......well almost nothing.
This evening I have been invited to join a book club. My friend is a member of two book clubs, one serious and the other not so.
She has invited me to join the fun one. I love reading but don't necessarily want to dissect the book later. However she told me the format is dinner in the hosts house, 5 minute book discussion and then on to an evening of good food, wine, chat.
The book for discussion tonight is "The Slap" by Christos Tsiolkas. Fortunately, it was in the stack beside by bed, so I abandoned the book I was reading and started this on Monday evening after receiving the invite. I'm 230 pages into it but have as many to go again. At least I will have some idea what it is about.
More anon............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.